Friday, January 8, 2010

Pre-Order Mania!

This is such an exciting time to be an active consumer of newly produced OSR products.  Not only am I one of the lucky folks who got in on the Brave Halfling S&W White Box pre-order special, and am eagerly awaiting the arrival of that "box of treasure," but guess what just showed up at my door yesterday?  My copy of The Dungeon Alphabet from Goodman Games.  To echo James Raggi, now that I have the tome in my hands, I can hardly believe what I got for the low low price of $9.99!  The DA indeed deserves to be singled out as an exemplary old-school product: technically system-free, it introduces the OSR "rules light" vibe to any gamer who might pick it up, and I assume that it would be a useful resource for almost any referee, regardless of system.  And very well produced with absolutely top-notch art.  Kick ass!

1 comment:

  1. Great to see the pre-order system working well. Not that long ago it was a dirty word in the old school niche after a few high profile let downs. Nice to see this turned around.

    I too am lucky to be getting one of the S&W: WB sets. I didn't pre-order DA, but it's incredibly cheap price will probably see me willing to pay international postal rates, rather than just buy a pdf as usual.

    ReplyDelete