Monday, March 18, 2013

YesTrolls!

Says Spawn:

It occurs to me that there must be blogs and forums (fora, whatever) for fans and critics of the band Yes, of prog-rock fame.

Judging from my limited exposure to D&D blogs and forums, they must also have trolls, and probably someone long ago picked the handle

Owner of a Lonely Fart

and posts the most dastardly recriminations of post-Bruford or post-Wakeman Yes. Or something. Post-Dean cover art, probably.

Some compatriot of his has picked up another low-hanging-fruit-type handle: Fart of the Sunrise.

Another dead-ender has probably taken Long Distance Reacharound.

I have chosen not to Google these phrases lest I find my basest comedic instincts ratified by a blind machine.

7 comments:

  1. Hahaha :D

    Only obliquely related, but I was just yesterday thinking about making a D&D setting based entirely on lyrics / song titles from prog songs -- including a heavy dose of Yes, naturally.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made an abortive attempt at a similar thing with Emerson Lake and Palmer somewhere in the way back. I believe David Larkins at RPG Corner has a GURPS (or RIFTS?) campaign based on Rush's 2112. So great minds think alike.

      Delete
    2. Yeah ELP would be another cornerstone, for sure, along with Genesis. I might start drawing a hex map and just note down names as they occur to me :)

      Delete
    3. Tarkus is screaming to be statted up for Mutant Future!

      Delete
    4. Yeah MF/Prog world would be perfect!

      I picture Tarkus as a Tarrasque-like figure, roaming a desolate plain and getting aggro with anything that moves.

      Delete
  2. Long Distance Reacharound...okay now I have corn flakes on my monitor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see! We CAN make physical connections with people through the blogosphere!

      Delete