Saturday, April 30, 2011

Z for Zappo the Wondrous

[Note: Any non-gamers tuning in to this series of posts are invited to consult my New Reader Introduction for some RPG-specific definitions and a general introduction to the Lands of Ara blog.]

Zappo the Wondrous is an NPC from my current campaign, a 3rd level Magic-User the party recently rescued from the depths of Stonehell Dungeon. He has an interesting background and a slightly unusual spell selection, so I thought I would share him with you as the conclusion of my April A-Z Blog Post Challenge.

Zappo the Wondrous
Human Magic-User Lvl. 3
Alignment: neutral
STR 5, DEX 11, CON 9, INT 16, WIS 13, CHA 8
HP: 8
AC: 9
Weapons: quarterstaff (1d6 dam.)
Armor: unarmored (base AC 9)

Zappo, a native of Achelon, trained under a wizard who himself trained with legendary recluse Elzar the Horrid. This is where Zappo picked up his Stickyfoot spell, and rumor has it he possesses a transcription of the Troglodyte Stench Burst spell as well.

Zappo's current spells (those in his field spell book) include: Shield (1), Sleep (1), Levitate (2), and Stickyfoot (2).

3 comments:

  1. I've been waiting for your Z post. Hey, I'm on night shift, trying to half sleep in the day, the family are away, what else would I be doing. The dishes, crap.

    What's Stickfoot, is it a type of pudding, like Sticky Date Pudding only made of halfling feet?

    Congratulations on the AtoZ completion.
    Spawn, are you going to post something soon?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carter, we did it! Congratulations! I have an award for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Mr. Priest, I do plan to get back into the fray on Sunday with a post that touches on two things about clerics, 1) that I hate the default image of cleric as Christian monks or crusaders, and 2) how a spell like Holy Chant might actually work to inspire people that are fighting. I've partly been laying off so Carter could do the A-Z Challenge, but I've also been crushed in the jaws of a dissertation these days.

    ReplyDelete